Viewpoints – Sohar International Chairman’s Forum
Viewpoints - Sohar International Chairman’s Forum, is a dedicated platform where inspirational global leaders from different industries and sectors share their experiences, knowledge and ideas with a cross-section of Omani society.
Through this one-of-its kind initiative, Sohar International - a leading financial institution in Oman - seeks to provide a unique opportunity to gain insights and engage in dialogue with inspirational personalities on key issues.
The event is hosted by Mr. Mohammed Mahfoodh Al Ardhi, Chairman, Sohar International.
International personalities who have attended Viewpoints as the Guest Speaker till date include:
- His Excellency Mohammad Abdulla Al Gergawi, the Minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future of the United Arab Emirates
- Lord Gerald Edgar Grimstone, former Chairman of Barclays Bank plc and former Chairman of Standard Life Aberdeen
- His Excellency Guðmundur Árnason, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs, Iceland
- George Yong-Boon Yeo, Former Minister for Information and the Arts, Health, Trade & Industry and Foreign Affairs, Government of Singapore
- Mr. Santiago Calatrava Valls, an internationally renowned Spanish architect, structural engineer, sculptor and painter.
- Lord Gerry Grimstone, Minister for Investment, Department for International Trade and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Ms. Mina Al-Oraibi, Editor-in-Chief of The National newspaper.
- Dr. Reinhard Christian Zinkann, a fourth-generation Executive Director and Co-proprietor at the 121-years old Miele Group.
- Ms. Maysa Jalbout, A visiting Scholar and Special Advisor, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Arizona State University.
- World’s greatest living explorer’ Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
- Dr. Robbert Dijkgraaf, Director and Leon Levy Professor at Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton (New Jersey), USA.
- George de Lama, President of the Eisenhower Fellowships